Endless skiing fun
Lech ski area
Comprising the five interlinked ski areas of Lech, Zürs, St. Anton, St. Christoph and Stuben, the Arlberg ski region is the largest interconnected ski region in Austria.
Winter enjoyment in Austria's largest ski area
Its reputation is legendary, people are mad about it! It's skiing's crowning glory!
Like snow-crystals in some vast natural tiara, the jewels in this crown are the Arlberg region's five villages, Lech, Zürs, St. Anton, St. Christoph and Stuben, each of which has its own individual charm. Their communal ski area is Ski Arlberg .
One of the world's top ski areas is located right here in Austria, and our Hotel Bellevue is right on the slopes.
One of the world's finest multi-faceted ski resorts, with an unrivalled reputation for reliable snow, Lech offers a total of 305 km of ski pistes, 200 km off-piste powder runs and 87 lifts and cable cars.
On the Arlberg
The Arlberg region, situated at a height of between 1,300 and 2,811 metres above sea level, is not onlyAustria's largest ski region; in international assessments carried out by experts of the International Ski Resort Service, the area has been rated among the top ski resorts in the world.
Each of the five villages of the Arlberg has always exuded its own individual charm: the unashamed luxury of Lech; the flair of Zürs; the traditional charm of Stuben; exclusive St. Christoph; sporty, cosmopolitan St. Anton am Arlberg.
The ski area is also known as the "cradle of downhill skiing", where you can ski in the tracks of the ski pioneers of history, and still enjoy the high-tech infrastructure of a modern lift system.
The ski area - facts and figures
The ski area comprises:
- between 1,300 and 2,800 metres of altitude
- 87 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts, (many equipped with the in-seat heating technique developed here on the Arlberg!)
- 25 conveyor-belt ski lifts in the Children's Ski Park and beginners' areas
- 305 km of ski pistes to suit all standards
- 200 km of powder skiing
- over 1,000 of the best-qualified snow sport instructors, working in 7 ski & snowboard schools
- Fun Parks
- permanent racing tracks
- obviously unrivalled access to the lifts with the re-usable Ski Arlberg-Card
- a great selection of pleasant and unusual places to meet up en route